Volunteer Guide Publication Intern (Stipend Provided)
Shelly McAlpin, Executive Director
Looking to boost your resume, explore the nonprofit sector, and engage in meaningful work? This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge as to what it is like to work in the nonprofit sector. Working in tandem with the ServeWyoming staff, the Volunteer Guide Publication Intern will help conduct an awareness & outreach campaign to further encourage Guide participation among local nonprofits. There are many different key elements that go into the production of what will be our 7th annual Natrona County Volunteer Guides, and the intern will be a major player in all of these areas. Upon completion of the internship, the intern will receive a small stipend, a certificate of work completed, a letter of recommendation, and the satisfaction of knowing they contributed to the creation of a valuable community resource.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain weekly time commitment of ten hours per week for approximately 1 ½ months.
- Create and maintain an Excel database to record organizations’ info for the 2014 Natrona County Volunteer Guide.
- Assist in answering switchboards. Provide basic assistance to website, technology, and volunteering inquiries.
- Have fun working in a friendly, open work environment.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, particularly basic data entry using MS Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communications/guest relations skills.
- Individuals with a desire to learn more about the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Obtain meaningful work experience working at a local nonprofit.
- Receive a $500 stipend at the completion of the project for working roughly 60 hours.
- Receive a certificate of completion stating tasks/goals accomplished while working at ServeWyoming.
- Obtain a solid letter of reference to aid in future job searches.
To apply, send your current resume along with the contact information for 2 references to: email@example.com. Feel free to call 307.234.3428 if you have any questions.