What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993, VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.
What VISTA Members Do
VISTA members commit to serve full-time for a year at a nonprofit organization or local government agency, working to fight illiteracy, improve health services, create businesses, strengthen community groups, and much more. With passion, commitment, and hard work, you’ll create or expand programs designed to bring individuals and communities out of poverty.
ServeWyoming Loves our Sponsors!
- Art Works
- Casper Journal
- Casper Star-Tribune
- Center for a Vital Community at Sheridan College
- Central Wyoming Property Inspectors
- City of Casper
- City of Casper Natrona County Health Department
- CK Mechanical, Inc.
- Cloud Peak Energy
- CNCS - Corporation for National and Community Service
- Eastern Wyoming College
- First Interstate Bank
- Goshen County Economic Development
- Homer & Mildred S. Scott Foundation
- Hub International
- KCWY Channel 13
- Natrona County Medical Reserve Corps
- Rural Dynamics Incorporated
- Sheridan Press
- State of Wyoming
- Tate Foundation
- Townsquare Media
- Wyoming Arts Council
- Wyoming Community Foundation
- Wyoming Department of Education
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
- Wyoming Humanities Council
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center Foundation
- Wyoming Medical Center Volunteers
- Zimmerman Family Foundation